The purpose of this policy is to enable Purple Rock Events Limited to:
- comply with the law in respect of the data it holds about individuals;
- follow good practice;
- protect Purple Rock Events Limited, staff and other individuals
- protect the organisation from the consequences of a breach of its responsibilities
- explain what we do with your personal data, whether we are providing you with a service, receiving a service from you, using your data to ask you to register for one of our events, or if you are visiting our website
- describes how we collect, use and process your personal data, and how, in doing so, we comply with our legal obligations to you. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights.
Purple Rock Events recognises that its first priority under GDPR is to avoid causing harm to individuals. In the main this means:
- keeping information securely in the right hands, and
- holding good quality information.
Purple Rock Events will regularly review its procedures for ensuring that its records remain accurate and consistent and, in particular:
- Systems will be designed to encourage and facilitate the entry of accurate data
- Data on any individual will be held in as few places as necessary, and all staff/suppliers will be discouraged from establishing unnecessary additional data sets
- Effective procedures will be in place so that all relevant systems are updated when information about any individual changes.
When you request information from Purple Rock Events, sign up to any of our services or events, Purple Rock Events obtains information about you. This statement explains how we look after that information and what we do with it.
What kind of information do we collect?
To make your event the best possible experience we only collect personal data that is relevant, for example: your name, address, job title and organisation, a contact email address and information of any special or dietary requirements. These details are used for the life cycle of the event only and will be deleted post event unless you have opted in to receive information from us in relation to future relevant events, in which case only relevant information will be held.
We may share your information where there is a relevant business need with selected third parties Our third-party suppliers are under obligation to delete this information following the event or at the end of the contracted work.
In the case of sponsorship, we will share supplier finance details so that invoices can be raised. This information will be deleted post event unless you have opted in to receive information from us in relation to future relevant events. We also need some information from our event suppliers, so we can remain in contact with you and pay for the services that you provide (if this is part of the contractual arrangement between organisations).
How do we collect and use your personal data?
The only information we hold comes directly from you or may be shared with us by our clients. Whenever we collect information we make it clear which information is required to provide you with the service or goods you need. We store your information securely and with restricted access. We will provide you with a method of opting in and out of receiving further emails or event invitations.
You have a right to a copy of all the information that we hold about you and this can be requested in writing to the Director of Purple Rock Events Limited. Any data that we hold can be amended or removed upon request.
How do we safeguard your personal data?
Appropriate measures are put in place that are designed to prevent unauthorised access to, and misuse of your personal data.
Equal Opportunities monitoring and other sensitive personal data
On occasions some of the data we may collect comes under the umbrella of ‘diversity information’. This may include, but not be limited to be information about your ethnic background, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or other similar beliefs, and/or social-economic background. We may also collect other sensitive personal data such as health related information. We need your explicit consent before we can use this information and we may disclose this (suitably anonymised where relevant) to enable our suppliers to comply with their own internal Health and Safety processes.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Purple Rock Events Limited.